Helping HR Professionals Excel at Strategic Leadership
Q. What is SnapEval®?
A. SnapEval is the simplest, most effective, most affordable Continuous Performance Management solution for small and midsize organizations. Unique, patent pending methods enable feedback ‘snapshots’ to be captured instantly using a smartphone, tablet, or computer, and shared when it’s most effective for the recipient. Feedback snapshots for employees can automatically be assembled into customizable Modern Performance Appraisals. HR Professionals enjoy comprehensive visibility and proactive control of performance feedback across the organization.
Q. What makes SnapEval different from other Continuous Performance Management products?
A. Most Continuous Performance Management products focus on maximizing manager and employee engagement through frequent tasks that are integrated with normal job workflows. Responding to daily pulse surveys, extensive journaling, and detailed tracking of progress against OKRs are examples of this deep integration. While maximizing engagement is a lofty goal, it’s irrelevant if a product isn’t used regularly by managers and employees. Because of this, SnapEval focuses on maximizing speed, simplicity, and ease-of-use. SnapEval utilizes ‘snapshots’ of performance feedback that can be captured instantly and shared in seconds. This nimble, light-touch approach to Continuous Performance Management has minimal impact on job workflows.
Q. What size organizations benefit most from SnapEval?
A. SnapEval is designed for small to midsize organizations with up to 2500 employees.
Q. What type of employees benefit most from SnapEval?
A. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics classifies non-farm workers into three categories: knowledge workers, office workers, and manual workers. Knowledge workers include management and other professionals. Office workers include sales and office occupations. Manual workers’ jobs involve providing services and performing manual tasks in occupations including service; production; transportation; material moving; installation; maintenance and repair; and construction and extraction. Unlike knowledge and office workers, organizations often don’t equip manual workers with laptops, tablets, or smartphones. In fact, access to laptops and smartphones may be limited or entirely prohibited during work hours.
Most performance management products require that employees have access to computing technologies such as laptops, tablets, or smartphones, and actively participate in capturing feedback about their own performance. While SnapEval supports employees capturing feedback about their own performance, it’s not required, so they aren’t compelled to have access to computing technologies. In fact, an employee isn’t even required to have an email address to be enrolled into SnapEval! For these reasons, SnapEval is ideal for knowledge, office, and manual workers.
Q. How has SnapEval tailored its solutions for small to midsize organizations?
A. We’ve delivered a combination of technical and business features designed specifically for small to midsize organizations including:
- No risk, FREE 10-user account: With limited time and resources, small to midsize organizations are often reluctant to evaluate new technologies. For this reason, we created FREE 10-user accounts for SnapEval. The FREE 10-User Account is the ideal way to explore SnapEval, and to introduce these solutions to your team. All features are enabled and you can use it indefinitely (it’s not trial software).
- Simplified deployment: Creating and configuring a new SnapEval account for an organization takes only a few minutes. Absolutely no technical expertise is required. Sample users and data are automatically pre-populated into new accounts, so you can start using SnapEval immediately. When you’re ready to add your own team members and configuration, delete the sample users and data with a single click.
- Streamlined administration: While SnapEval employs enterprise-grade security and highly scalable cloud-based infrastructure, focusing on small to midsize organizations enables streamlining of configuration and administration that wouldn’t be possible for large, organizationally complex enterprises.
- Ultra-competitive price and cash-flow friendly payments: Small to midsize organizations are typically extremely price sensitive and manage their cash flow carefully. For teams larger than ten employees or entire organizations, SnapEval is at only $2.25 per enrolled employee per month. Each month you only pay for the actual number of employees enrolled that month. For organizations with varying employment levels, such as seasonal workers, this is a huge benefit!
- No upfront costs or obligation: Unlike many other software products, there are no upfront or setup fees with SnapEval. We believe that we need to earn your business each month and will do everything we can to help your organization to be successful with SnapEval. If you aren’t satisfied for any reason, you can cancel your subscription without obligation and take all of your data with you.
- Enable included advanced features incrementally: To facilitate your organization’s adoption of SnapEval, start with core features such as traditional manager-employee feedback. Then, if and when you decide to do so, enable advanced features incrementally such as 360 degree feedback, team feedback, and feedback from external partners, clients and customers.
Q. Do I need to transform my organization’s culture to deploy SnapEval?
A. Absolutely not! Most Continuous Performance Management products require an overhaul of the organization’s cultural for a successful deployment. The larger the cultural change, the higher the risk that employees and managers won’t embrace it, and the deployment will fail. Instead, SnapEval enables ‘snapshots’ of performance feedback to be captured instantly and shared in seconds. Because the feedback snapshots are based on familiar concepts from classic annual reviews, the entire process is intuitive for both managers and employees. The cultural change to implement SnapEval is very small, so the risk of failure is minimal. SnapEval is designed to be the ‘go to’ product for organizations that currently have a manual, ineffective, or non-existent performance management process.
Q. Can SnapEval be used in conjunction with Traditional Annual Appraisals?
A. Yes! Because the feedback snapshots used for Continuous Performance Management are based on familiar concepts from classic annual reviews (goals/skills, achievement levels, and feedback details), they are also fully compatible with most Traditional Annual Appraisal processes and forms. In addition, SnapEval includes a Performance Summary feature that automatically assembles feedback snapshots for an employee into a customizable Modern Performance Appraisal document. Because the feedback snapshots are automatically categorized and embedded in the document, Managers can create a complete Performance Summary in minutes.
New Account Creation
Q. How do I get started with SnapEval?
A. Sign up for a FREE 10-user SnapEval subscription at https://app.snapeval.com/user/register. Your SnapEval account is automatically populated with sample users and data, so you can start exploring it immediately. Then, when you’re ready to add your real team members, delete the sample users and data with a single click! Help with configuring your SnapEval account and technical support are also free, so contact our support team for assistance at +1 585-414-5000 or Support@SnapEval.com!
Q. Do I need to be a Human Resources Professional to sign up for a SnapEval account?
A. No, you do not need to be a Human Resources Professional to sign up for an account. In fact, we encourage anyone that has an interest in instantly capturing performance feedback for others to sign up for an account. For example, this could be a manager or supervisor in the workplace, but it could also include a coach for a sports team. All you need is a valid email address to sign up for an account. (Please note that ADP requires that you are an ADP Marketplace Administrator to sign up for an account for any 3rd party product in the ADP Marketplace.)
Q. How much does SnapEval cost?
A. SnapEval is COMPLETELY FREE for teams of up to 10 users. No credit card is required, all features are enabled, and there’s no time limitation. It’s not trial software!
For larger teams and entire organizations, SnapEval is $2.25/user/month, which is 50% to 80% less than other products. In addition, there are no upfront fees, commitments or annual contracts. Help with configuration and technical support are included.
Q. I have more than ten employees enrolled, so my account is on a subscription program. How is my bill calculated?
A. SnapEval is a Software-as-a-Service offer. This means that your monthly bill is calculated based on the actual number of users enrolled in the account. Unlike many other software products, there are no upfront or setup fees. Instead, each month you only pay for the actual number of employees enrolled that month. For organizations with varying employment levels, such as seasonal workers, this is a huge benefit! More details are provided on the Pricing page.