Helping HR Professionals Excel at Strategic Leadership
Last updated 05/25/2018
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Usually, we receive Data directly, such as when a Snapeval or Spotlight account is created, test and live transactions are submitted through our platform, applications or website, or we receive an email. Other times, we get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies. We may also get Data from third parties, like our financial partners or credit card processing providers.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to provide effective Services and increase the safety of Your experience with our Services.
Data We Collect
- Personal Data. We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual as “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when an individual or business registers for a Snapeval or Spotlight account, a User or Employee makes an entry using our Services or a User contacts us through our website or other means. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, credit card processors and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Transaction Data, such as credit or debit card number; and
- Other Personal Data, in very limited cases, we may collect SSN or EIN.
- Other Data. We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect include:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Transaction data, such as purchases, purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data; and
- Company data, such as a company’s legal structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, and company records publicly available or shared with us for a business purpose.
How We Use Data
- Personal Data. We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; and (iii) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- To respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To process a payment or provide related customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products;
- To send marketing communications;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
How We Disclose Data.
Snapeval, LLC does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- To Our Service Providers. We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, and email delivery;
- To Our Users. We share Data with Users as necessary to provide the Services;
- To Third Parties. We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
Choice and Access.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If You no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, You may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with Your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if You opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send You important administrative messages that are required to provide You with our Services.
- How You can access or change Your Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to the Services or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If emailing us Your request, please make clear in the email what Personal Data You would like to review or have changed. For Your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that You use to send us Your request, and we may need to verify Your identity before implementing Your request.
Third-Party Payment Processing.
When you make purchases through the Services, we may process your payments through a Third-Party application. The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of us, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction.
Although we make good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Data, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If we determine that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Data.
Security of Your Information.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
By using the Services providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised), please contact us at email@example.com immediately.
Use of Services by Minors.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer.
551 Morgan Road
Scottsville, NY 14546
Sensitive Information. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, health, or the like) in Your emails to us.